Community Information Event
Tuesday 15th May 2018
2:30pm- 5:30pm & 6pm-8pm
To celebrate the Gannochy Trust’s 75th Anniversary, the Trustees decided to extend the housing estate to provide 48 new, high quality affordable homes. The Trustees intend to use this new development as a demonstration of best practice in housing design and construction; continuing the exceptional quality of the existing homes and their setting, constructed by A K Bell between 1923 and 1931.
The work on the new housing is due to start on 22nd May 2018, and the Trust is holding a Community Information Event to explain the proposals and construction process in more detail.
This drop-in event will take place in:
Gannochy Community Hall,
A brief summary of our proposals & the information event:-
The Trust will be building three different house types as follows:
- 38 two-bedroom houses (detached and semi-detached) with open plan living space.
- 6 one-bedroom houses (terraced)
- 4 three-bedroom houses – two storey with a fully accessible ground floor to accommodate a disabled family member(s).
The development will also include a formal external community space and a community growing area. Representatives from the Trust’s Architects (Anderson Bell + Christie) and the Contractor (Campion Homes Ltd) will be in attendance at the information event to answer any questions.
They will have displays covering the following areas:
- The layout of the new housing
- Plans of the different house types
- Information on the construction process and timescales
The event will allow the Trust’s existing tenants and the local community the opportunity to meet the Contractor’s team and gain a better understanding of the final proposals.